Thursday, September 30, 2010

Let Me Share

I am sharing a picture of my "new" dining room table. This is the table I shared many meals when growing up. I think my mother grew up with this table, also. Our dining room table sat in a dining room that was at the center of a large home built in 1926. So it was the center gathering place of many meals and many events with lots of friends, relatives, and family. This is where we studied. This is where we worked on projects--whether cutting out dresses to doing science projects. This is where we had family discussions. I cannot imagine how many hours of visiting went on at that table. I can count seven generations of people who sat at this table.

The table is wider than normal tables. I remember my grandmother always saying she could not find table cloths to fit so she just crocheted her table cloths.

Well, I inherited the table from my folk's home. I just love it and know we will continue to enjoy it and maybe make some more memories.




No comments: