Friday, September 10, 2010

Jelly Roll Quilt Along Quilt


Well, here is my completed "Jelly Roll Quilt Along" quilt. I really had fun with the quilt along. I enjoyed seeing every one's completed block since each person chose their own fabric. The variations were amazing. Then when these ingenious people began posting their completed quilts, I was in awe. I am one who "colors within the lines" and follows directions. Well, some of the ladies used different layouts and made an entirely different looking quilt. I could just see some of these quilts in the quilt magazines.

I hesitate posting my quilt on Flicker Jelly Roll group with all those beautiful quilts. It is a bit "loud" and greeen. Also, I was reading a discussion group on the Internet and several stated very definite opinions on how they disliked batiks. This is my first time to even purchase batiks, but I just loved the colors in the jelly roll as it appeared on the Internet. So here I am with a loud, batik quilt--but I like it. It is mine and I will enjoy it. Every time I make a quilt, I am asked, "Whose quilt is this one?" This, again, it is my quilt. I bet my grandchildren won't mine playing on it. So here's the quilt.

Oh, I used the left over strips from the jelly roll to make the binding. I love the way the binding looks.







1 comment:

J- said...

I like your quilt. I find the green striking and I think batik is my favorite fabric!