Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Prayer Quilt 6

Here is the latest prayer quilt for a dear lady who has been placed on hospice.

Just a little information about my choice of fabric and design. First, we receive the material and then select a simple pattern. I receive one charm pack of 20 squares from Keepsake Quilting each month. I do not know what material will be in the package and just use what they send to make a quilt. I must add material for borders, fill in, binding, and backing. There are only two of us completing the quilts. I usually cut and iron and Jeri sews. I finish the quilt with borders, backing, quilting, and binding.

PS -- I have a great camera but always use the picture manager to crop and make smaller--so the final photo does not do the quilt justice. The border on this quilt is a soothing shade of pale yellow.


No comments: