Monday, June 22, 2009

Ellen and Ryan's Wedding

We had a wonderful weekend attending the wedding of my niece, Ellen. My brother and his wife, sisters and husbands, my husband, my mother-in-law, my niece and her husband and I had a great time together as we honored the bride and groom with a rehearsal supper. My brother, Oby, and sister-in-law, Shirley, are so talented, and we just did as we were instructed.

Shirley instructed us on how to fold some cute angel napkins. Then she showed us how to decorate the candle stands. If anyone needs to know how to fold an angel napkin, just ask me, because we ended up folding almost 100. The menu consisted of a cold tomato soup followed with a tiny ice cream cone of sorbet. A buffet was set with grilled chicken, baked potatoes, green beans, and rolls. Dessert was banana pudding. We served about 65 seated guests.


The outside wedding on Saturday was so sweet. The bride was glowing. The bride is quite a cook, so she, her mother, sisters and friends fixed the food for the reception complete with a lemonade stand, an ice cream bar, and tables of good food. They even had a children's table complete with all kinds of outside games and toys.




No comments: