Sunday, June 7, 2009

Coin Quilt

Well, I finally completed the coin quilt. Recently, I saw on Moda Bake Shop a quilt that had a ruffle edge and thought I would add a ruffle to this quilt. I do not think I will do that again. It was a PAIN! However, I have learned how not to do it. Adding the patchwork to the back of the quilt seems to be quite popular. (I saw this on http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/). I used a pantograph for the stippling quilting. I cannot doodle. I tell the story that even as a child I did not color, because I could not make up my mind which color to use. I find the same problem with quilting so I tend to buy charm packs, or copy colors from a pattern, or I get someone at the quilt shop to help me out with color selection.

By the way, the pink material were scraps from two baby quilts I have made.

Pic 1 -- front of coin quilt
Pic 2 -- close up of front
Pic 3 -- back of coin quilt




2 comments:

Christian said...

I have lots of friends who quilt and so I can appreciate all the time and hardwork that go into one. But I have never seen one that wanted to make me start quilting until now...is this the same one that is in the photo with the pink baby?

Cameron said...

All of your quilts are gorgeous, but I have to say, this one is my favorite of them all. I love the ruffled edges!!