Saturday, May 2, 2009

Show and Tell

Well, my quilting week is over and, as usual, I did not get all I wanted to do completed. BUT here is what I finished.

First, I needed to complete a prayer quilt. I have not tied the quilt yet, but will get that done this week to be presented to church next Sunday for prayers and tieing of knots. (Prayers and Squares). By the way, I used a package of 20 ten inch squares. I had to add a few cream colored blocks to make the quilt about 45 by 55. The next problem is I could not find material that suited me for the binding--so--I binded with black. I was not happy about this. My stash is small and I spent two hours in the quilt shop trying to match material to the quilt. I thought I had the right binding but when I got into the sunlight, the color just did not work.




Want to see my quilting? I am limited in quilting but am practicing and kind of like the results.




Now, I have also completed my granddaughter's quilt and got it in the mail. Here are a couple of pictures plus a picture of my quilting. I quilted this using my Bernina setting #4 and really liked the results.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your quilts. Especially the pink one. Great Job!

Christian said...

Okay, now I see...and I will stop leaving comments now!