Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday

Rainy Saturday--Well, I thought today had been a slow day until I realized what I have accomplished. I have washed three loads of clothes, planned Sunday dinner, went grocery shopping, printed bulletins and prayer sheets for church, took Mother her gallon of milk, fixed some delicious Sloppy Joes for lunch, cooked chicken spaghetti for Sunday, and made a Southern Praline Cake. So I have done a few things for a rainy day.

Menus/Meals--Would anyone like help planning menus? Recently I have been following a blog who has a 30-day Meal Plan. I like her plan and also her Excel worksheet where she has created a organized list to help with planning and shopping. Well, my niece recently spoke to a group of busy mothers and gave them a four-week meal plan. This should help us with our menus when we are wondering what to cook.

Projects--I have been working on two quilts this week and also the bag pictured. Find the tutorial on Moda Bake. I made the bag for Jaime, my daughter-in-law, who will give birth to Josie Clare in two weeks. The material for the bag belonged to her mother who passed away a few years ago. Jaime then ordered two more to be made for her sisters.

In a few days I will post a quilt made from the same material.


No comments: