Sunday, February 28, 2010

Baby Quilts

I had a fun but busy week working on TWO baby quilts. I did finish them early Saturday morning before the baby shower 3 1/2 hours away at 2:00 on Saturday afternoon.

A little background--We were in the attic at my parent's home and we found this old quilt. We are not sure how old the quilt could be. It is in pretty bad shape, but we feel it is an antique quilt. When I saw the quilt, I had an idea to use the pattern and make baby quilts for two great nieces to be born in March and April.

Here is the picture of the quilt from the attic.



Here are the two quilt I designed and completed. I call them a crazy patch quilt. The first quilt is fabric by Moda called Birdie. The fabric is so bright and cherry. (Again, my picture taking is sad. The lighting is not so good.) This quilt will belong to Anna Kate.



The second quilt is made from a some fabrics I had but most are Moda fabrics. Some fabrics are from Windham Sweetest Gifts Fabrics. This quilt will belong to Ava Montgomery



You might get a better view taken at the shower.

2 comments:

Cameron said...

These are so beautiful!! What a great baby shower gift!!

The Easleys said...

I have finally gotten back online. And we just wanted to let you know that we LOVE our quilt you made us! It fits our little girl so well!

-Rebecca, Jake & Anna Kate