Saturday, September 26, 2009

Getting Ready for Peru

Well, my parents are settled in an assisted living home. They are three hours away but I had a nice visit yesterday. They looked great. While there I went with Mom to a tie-dying workshop. I am not sure who had more fun--her or me. I thoroughly enjoyed being with all my mother's fellow residents. One delightful man named Ross was incrediable at remembering everyone's name. He called me "Maa-tha".

On Thursday and today I have worked on hand puppets to use on our mission trip to Peru. We plan to conduct a Bible School. This will be a challenge since none of us going speak Spanish. We will have our wonderful and faithful guide and interpreter, Jack.

Here are my puppets. I will let the children make the faces with glue on eyes or using fabric paint. The colors are navy, yellow, lime green, red, and green.




No comments: