Thursday, September 3, 2009

Checking In

Just in case anyone checks my blog--I am very busy these days helping my parents' move to a retirement home. Most of my day is spent at their home.

They will be moving shortly and all of the children and friends hope they will be comfortable. I knew when I first caught sight of the retirement home that I would like it. The house is yellow with white trim and has a front porch with rocking chairs. (They love their porch and rocking chairs. This would be one thing they would have missed.) When entering the home, there is a golden retriever to greet you. Three meals a day prepared by a great chef would be a treat for anyone. Ice cream and coffee are available 24 hours a day. My parents will have their bed made daily, apartment cleaned weekly, and clothes washed and folded weekly. The "positive" list goes on forever. There are some "negatives" like leaving your home and friends, and family. (They have family and friends where they are moving.) My mother has lived in the same house since she was 2 minus 6 years of my early life. They are both being positive and will take a little Mississippi sunshine to their new Louisiana home.

Hopefully in a few weeks I can get back to my quilting. I have so many projects in the works. (My mother can check my blog and hopefully get a glimpse of some completed projects.) Until then, God bless you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It so hard to have to make this decision and I know one day my time will come to move my mom. It's like a little piece of freedom is being taken away from them. But, it sounds like it's a nice place. I want to go move in there. Sit in the rocker and have my meals made. Good Luck to all of you! - Kristi