Monday, February 2, 2009

Heart Wall Hanging

Well, Sunday afternoon while my husband was watching all the Super Bowl prelims, I decided to go to my quilt studio and work on a small heart quilt to hang above my kitchen sink. It measures 12.5 X 12.5. The heart is paper pieced. The pattern is from "Quilts in My Cubicle". I plan to make a small wall hanging for each month of the year. This is my first one.


I will place it on the bare spot to the left of the other photos. (See below.) The dark spots on the wall are shadows--not dirt. :-)


Thought I would share a close up of the other two pictures. This first picture is of my husband's grandfather's country store.


This next picture was given to me by my daughter-in-law. She purchased the print from a street artist in Cuzco, Peru. She was on a mission trip at the time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great! I love the "heart" square. Perfect! The idea of a wall hanging for each month is neat. Can't wait to see more!! love, Marilyn E.

Jodi Nelson said...

just found your blog. I love the small heart quilt! And your quilt shack is fabulous! ooxx`jodi