Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March Post

Oh, still cool in the South. Ready for Spring and sunshine.

My retired hubby and I found some sunshine this morning to take photos outside. 

Before Christmas I began working on Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice. I thought I would never finish that quilt. I question sometimes if I am really a quilter when trying to cut so accurately and sew so accurately. However, I was tremendously please that after 51 blocks--26 blocks each with 52 pieces and 25 blocks each with about 32 pieces--the border blocks fit perfectly. I was truly amazed! Everyone who sees this quilt loves the circles. They just appeared by magic. 




This past week I have been working on two prayer quilts. The first quilt is for a 21-month old girl, Abby Grace, who has cancer. She is so precious. You can follow her progress on Caring Bridge. The quilt measures 41" x 46", I think. :-)



The second prayer quilt is for 16-year old Devonte who had a seizure that left him in a a bad way. He does not have long to live. The knots in the thread on top represent the prayers said over the quilt.




No comments: