Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sonny's Quilt

Last year I started a Layer Cake QuiltAlong and began making two quilts--one for my mother and one for Sonny's mom. Sonny's mom got sick about this time last year and went to her heavenly home in February. I put the quilt on hold and recently decided to finish it for Sonny and he loves it. Right now, my grandson, Jase, is snuggled in the quilt.

I took advantage of the beautiful fall day to take my photos with Jase's help. The quilt measures 60 X 70. I machine quilted it in an overall pattern. On the bottom border I quilted the name of each of our 10 grandchildren. Grandchild #11 will be here in December but name and gender will be a surprise so will add name later.





Thought I would add picture of Jase and Josie Clare dressed in their Halloween costumes.

No comments: