Saturday, May 14, 2011

Layer Cake Quilt Along Quilt

Here are a few photos of one of my Layer Cake Quilt Along Quilts. I began the quilts a few months ago following a layer cake quilt along on Moose on the Porch blog. One quilt was for my mother and one quilt was for my mother-in-law. Both have birthdays close to Mother's Day. Back in October my mother-in-law became ill and was sick for less then four months. In February she went to be with the Lord. I continued with the quilt along and decided to finish the 2nd quilt for my husband--he is happy with that idea. This is a picture of the first quilt. I have completed all the block for the second quilt but have not put it together.

The material is "American Jane" by Moda. My mom's name is Jane and she is a true American Jane.





1 comment: