Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4 WIP Completed

As promised here are pictures of four of my completed projects which were mailed today to my grandchildren 900 miles away. I completed two similar panel quilts but only showing picture of one. On one of the Cars quilts I tried to do a binding by sewing to back and bringing forward and top stitching. Not sure I will try that again because it looked really sad, and I take pride in my binding. I also got to practice my stippling. I am going to need more practice but had so much fun learning.

The skirts are for two of my granddaughters. The blue is a size 10 and the pink is size 8. The pink skirt is completely lined. I hemmed it using the Bernina blind stitch foot, but I could sometimes see too much thread on the top. The blue was cut on bias so I used a serger to hem and then turned under and top stitched. I used a new top stitch foot for my Bernina that really made the hem look good.

So each project was a learning experience -- some very challenging and some that did not turn out to my expectations. Oh, well, I had a good time and hope they will enjoy my happys.

1 comment:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

how lucky your grandkids are to have you... such beautiful handmade gifts!
Melissa