Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday

Well, I have been retired for 7 months and still have not gotten myself organized. Well, today I planned to do differently and try to tackle my house and get organized. I am using http://www.flylady.com/ to help me organize. You tackle the task of decluttering by completing a little at a time--work for 10 minutes. This week's goal it to work on the kitchen. If I post this info, maybe I will follow the plan. I did clean my stove top. Tomorrow I will need to dust the tops of cabinets, refrigerator, and clean light fixtures. Let's see how that goes.

I was a little distracted because I checked on my new puppy, Beau, every few minutes. I just had to give him a hug every so often. He is so cute sitting on my porch like he owns the world. He even barked at a car on the road which is 1/4 mile away.

I did my grocery shopping for the week with a planned week's menu (part of organizing). Tonight I fixed Tortilla Soup. It was so good. Sonny really enjoyed it.

4 chicken breasts
4 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel
1/2 C chicken broth
1 Tlbs. fajita seasonings
Monterey jack cheese
Tortilla chips

Boil four chicken breasts about 45 minutes. Cool and cut into bite-size pieces. Reserve 1/2 cup broth. In saucepan, combine four cans cream of chicken soup. Add one can Ro-Tel tomatoes and 1 Tbls. fajita seasoning. Stir in 1/2 cup chicken broth (I added a little more). Heat thoroughly. To serve, put tortilla chips and grated cheese in the bottom of bowl and pour in hot soup.

Must go finish my Nightime routine of by picking up and putting away of items like shoes, newspapers, quilting books :-), then make sure kitchen is clean leaving with a clean, dry sink. Also--check on Beau.

No comments: