Friday, October 17, 2008

Quilts by Martha

Hello, welcome to my blog. I recently retired from 30 years of teaching school. I am enjoying my retirement. I love to quilt, read, and play the piano and organ. I have been quilting for 15 years and enjoy every minute. I once asked an experienced quilter how many quilts I need to complete to be called a quilter. She laughed and said, "one". So I guess I can call myself a quilter.

My husband, Sonny, and I have five sons, 3 daughter-in-laws, and 7 wonderful grandchildren and two more on their way.

My first quilt was a SunBonnet Sue quilt created from a kit with everything already cut out. I was clueless to all aspects of quilt making. It took me 12 years to complete. Needless to say, I have learned lots since that first quilt. I handquilted the Sunbonnet Sue quilt as I traveled to Michigan to see my son and his family and on a school trips to Denver, Myrtle Beach, Nashville, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and DisneyWorld. I especially loved the backing material I purchased in one of my favorite places to shop in Shipshewanna, IN.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mrs. Martha, I love your blog and your beautiful quilts. I will take a picture of Cameron's quilt you made him and you can post it on your blog since you did make it for him and you need it on your "Quilts by Martha Blog".
Hope your doing well and I will try to send you a few pic's of Cameron's quilt to your email address very soon. Take Care and God Bless you and all that you do. It's a wonderful thing what your doing.

Have a Blessed Day,
Cynthia Vining